- We take the privacy of Our Users seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of Our Users while providing a personalized and valuable service.
- No User information is rented or sold to any third party. When You use the App, the App may collect Your device number and other personal information. A high standard of security is maintained by Us for Our Users. However, the transmission of information via the internet or telephone networks is not completely secure. While We do Our best to protect Your information, particularly with respect to protection of Your personal data, ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. cannot ensure the security of Your data transmitted via the internet, telephone or any other networks.
Traffic Data Collected
In order to provide the App, We automatically track and collect the following categories of information when You use the App:
- IP addresses;
- Domain servers; and
- Other information with respect to Your device, interaction of Your device with the App and applications (collectively “Traffic Data”).
Personal Information Collected
In order to provide the App, We may require You to provide Us with certain information that personally identifies You (“Personal Information“). Personal Information includes the following categories of information:
- Contact data (such as Your email address, phone number and any details of Your contacts); and
- Demographic data (such as Your time zone, Your postal address and location details); and
If You communicate with Us by, for example, e-mail or letter, any information provided in such communication may be collected by ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd..
- Financial data (such as Your account details, e-wallet details, credit or debit card details etc. that You have provided Us for disbursement of prizes and coupons).
- Our App may transmit Your Personal Information to Our internal servers. This Personal Information is immediately deleted once You delete the App, except to the extent it is necessary to store the same under applicable laws. Further, We have implemented commercially reasonable physical, managerial, operational and technical security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration and to preserve the security of the Personal Information in Our care. Finally, this information is used strictly in line with Our business purposes and to provide You with useful features.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Our best efforts to use information in aggregate form (so that no individual User is identified) for the following purposes:
- To build up marketing profiles;
- To aid strategic development, data collection and business analytics;
- To provide seamless and swift delivery of prizes and coupons to You;
- To manage Our relationship with advertisers and partners;
- To audit usage of the App; and
- To enhance User experience in relation to the App (“collectively, “Permitted Use”).
- We reserve the right to disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or if We believe that it is necessary to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd., the App, or Our Users.
- Comply with a court order or other legal process;
- Protect the rights, property or safety of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. or another party;
- Enforce the Agreement, including Terms; or
- Respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties.
- The security of Your Personal Information is important to Us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to Us, both during transmission and once We receive it. All information gathered on Our Website is securely stored within Our controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited.
- To improve the responsiveness of the sites for Our Users, We may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the User’s individual interests using the Identified Computer. Unless You voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), We will have no way of knowing who You are, even if We assign a cookie to Your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information You supply. A cookie cannot read data off Your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to Your browser (if You click on their ads), a process that We do not control.
- Our web servers automatically collect limited information about Your computer’s connection to the Internet, including Your IP address, when You visit Our site. (Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send You data — such as the web pages You view.) Your IP address does not identify You personally. We use this information to deliver Our web pages to You upon request, to tailor Our site to the interests of Our Users, to measure traffic within Our site and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where Our visitors come.
- You have a right to correct any errors in Your Personal Information available with Us. You may request Us in writing that We cease to use Your Personal Information.
RESTRICTION OF LIABILITY
- ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents available through the App and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents available through the App.
- No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents available through the App or its links to other internet resources as may be available to Your through the App.
- Reference in the App to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd..
If You have questions or concerns, feel free to email Us or to correspond at [email protected] and We will attempt to address Your concerns.
Any browsing, registering, downloading, using or accessing by any Person of any part of the Platform or utilisation of any of the services offered by ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. will be deemed to constitute a legal contract between the User and ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd..
A User may use the Platform if (a) it is a natural Person, as per any Applicable Law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines applicable in the country of which User is a citizen, in which User is a resident or from where User uses the Platform; or (b) it is a juristic Person, as per any Applicable Law, regulation or generally accepted industry practices and guidelines applicable in the country where User is registered, where User maintains its principal office or from where User uses the Platform Any User who is “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. is not eligible to enter into this Agreement with ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd..
The Platform should not be used, installed, or played by any Person under the age of 18 years.
No Person, whether an ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. employee or not, who is involved in the development of Mobile Games or/and algorithms on the Platform can participate in any Mobile Games on the Platform, where such participation could alter, modify or unduly influence his/her performance on the Mobile Game, without express written permission of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. and subject to such terms and conditions as ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. may seek to impose on such Person.
- Awards for all Contests shall be pre-declared at the time of registration in the specific rules applicable to such Contest. Awards may be in the form of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. Tokens, cash or promotional gifts.
- Users are eligible to withdraw only cash Winnings from his/her Account to his/her respective bank/wallet account once it is KYC (Know Your Customer) verified.
Deposits & Withdrawals
- In order to participate in certain Contests, the Users may be required to pay an Entry Fee in the form of cash. Users may add cash to their Account by using any of the payment modes available on the Platform.
The Deposits may be used to participate in Contests in the manner provided under section 4 (Participation in Contests). There may be certain Contests which allow for payment of the Entry Fee in the form of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. Tokens or may allow for part payment of the Entry Fee in the form of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. Tokens and the remainder of the Entry Fee from the Deposit/Winnings.
- Each User is solely responsible for all activities that occur under their Account, including the use of any of the Services on the Platform.
- ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. grants such Users a non-transferrable, limited, non-exclusive and revocable privilege to register an Account on and use the Platform.
- If ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. identifies that the same User Details are being used under multiple accounts, then ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. at its sole discretion will terminate/deactivate the Account without the Users’ consent and any Deposit in the Account will not be refunded.
- ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd., at its sole and absolute discretion and without any notice to the Users, reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate any Account or access to the Platform temporarily or permanently to any User.
ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. may, at its sole and absolute discretion restrict, change, suspend, or terminate any User’s access to all or any part of the Platform, including but not limited to:
- reject, move, or remove any material that may be submitted by the User;
- move or remove any content that is available on the Platform;
- deactivate or delete an Account and all related information and files on their Account;
- establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Platform and the services; and
- assign its rights and liabilities with respect to all Accounts hereunder, to any entity.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Users acknowledge and agree that they shall have no ownership or other interest in their Account, and further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to their Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd..
The Users also accept to receive news, updates, offers/campaign related SMS, to the mobile phone number provided by the User, except when prohibited under Applicable Laws.
KYC verification is mandatory as a proof of identity for making withdrawals from Your Account to Your bank/wallet account. KYC verification may be done through the Platform by providing certain details:
- photograph of a valid government ID (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Voter Card, Driving License etc.); and
- other User Details.
- ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. does not issue receipts for entries in the Contests. The entries are accounted within the Account on the Platform. It is the responsibility of the Users to ensure that the entries are accurate and the Winnings are duly credited to his Account.
- Any tax/levies/duty etc., as applicable on material prizes, shall be paid by the winner of the game. Based on TDS (tax deducted at source) Rules for any sort of game winning in India, 31.2% TDS should be deducted on any winning above Rs.10,000/- in a single game.
Return, Refund and Cancellation
- In the event that there is an error in the Services provided by us, we may refund the Entry Fee, provided the reasons are genuine and proved after investigation by ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd.
- Please read the rules of each Mobile Game and Contest before participating.
- We do not cancel registrations once entered, however, in case of exceptional circumstances wherein the fault may lie with the payment gateway or from Our side, We will cancel your participation on request and refund the Entry Fee to You within a reasonable amount of time.
- In case we cancel your participation in any Mobile Game or Contest as a result of this, We will return Your Entry Fee to You within a reasonable amount of time for You to redeem the same by playing other Contests on ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd..
- We will try Our best to create the best user experience for You. If paid by credit card, refunds will be issued to the original credit card provided at the time of purchase and in case of payments made through a payment gateway, payment refunds will be made to the same account.
Users must use any money in their Account within 365 days. ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. shall have the right to directly forfeit any such unused amount after 365 (three hundred and sixty five) days. The idle Balance amount lying in your account may be withdrawn only in exceptional circumstances, determined on a case to case basis on the sole discretion of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd..
- ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. may offer referral programs (“Referral Program”) on the Platform to allow all its Users to receive certain rewards in the form of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. Tokens or cash (“Rewards”) for each player that they refer to play on the Platform
- All active Users of the Platform are eligible to participate in the Referral Program except in cases where an Account has been suspended or has otherwise been disallowed by ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. from participation in the Referral Program.
- Only ‘successful referrals’ will be counted and eligible to receive the Rewards. A successful referral is an event in which a new User will register on the Platform and ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. etc the sign-up by clicking on the referral link of the referrer or by putting the referrer’s unique referral code.
- Criteria to use the Rewards – The User will be able to use only a certain percentage of the cumulative Rewards (as permitted by ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. from time to time) reflecting in his/her Account to join any of the upcoming tournaments on the Platform
The Platform is operated and designed to provide You an in-app browsing experience through an embedded browser. The Platform is per se a platform which offers Services and hosts Mobile Games by Third Party Game Developers. The Platform does not host, display or transmit any content owned by third parties on its servers, unless We either have a license or are not prohibited under the Applicable Laws, to do the same.
The Mobile Games will have their own rules and code of conduct (“Game Rules”) which shall be adhered to by all Users at all times.
When You play a Mobile Game, You agree and acknowledge that the Platform does not create and/or broadcast any content on its own accord and ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. is not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of the Mobile Game, including copyrights, that may be accessed by You through the Platform.
Games of skill
The Mobile Games hosted by ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. on the Platform are all Games of Skill (defined below). Different Mobile Games will reward different skills, but each game will reward certain skills, such as knowledge of the game, familiarity with rules, experience, reflexes, experience, practice, hand-eye coordination etc. Certain games may have pre-determined outcomes, which are achievable by the Users using their skills to play the games.
Users must note that all Mobile Games available on the Platform are games where the success or/and performance of the Users depends predominantly upon their superior knowledge, training, attention, experience and adroitness (“Games of Skill”) in playing the game.
‘Games of Skill’, under Indian law, are excluded from the ambit of gambling legislations including, the Public Gambling Act of 1867 and other state enactments except in the Restricted States.
Hence, the individuals residing in the Restricted States should not participate in any Contest or Mobile Games offered on the Platform. Any participation by such individuals shall be at their sole risk and discretion and ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. shall not be liable to refund or reimburse any injury or damages suffered by such individuals.
ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right to monitor all activities from the User’s Account on the Platform. If any User participates in any Contest or Mobile Games in violation of any central and/or state law(s) in India, ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement agencies of the relevant state and report such participation or/and suspicious activity along with all relevant details of the concerned User.
ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. does not support, endorse or offer to any User ‘games of chance’ for money. Each Mobile Game and Contest available on the Platform has clearly defined rules and code of conduct. All Users are encouraged to read, understand and follow these rules to be successful in these games. ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. shall not be liable if Users do not adhere to the Game Rules or otherwise engage in gambling or betting activities on the Platform.
Safety precaution and responsible gaming
ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. suggests that Users adopt a balanced approach while engaging with any of the Mobile Games on the Platform and safeguard themselves against any adverse effects. If played responsibly, Mobile Games (like other forms of sports) aim to encourage Users to develop their mental prowess, hand-eye co-ordination, competitiveness and encourage teamwork.
You should take certain standard health and safety precautions while playing any Mobile Game, including taking adequate breaks, sitting at a reasonable distance from the screen, playing in a well-lit environment, and avoiding playing when tired, drowsy, intoxicated or under the influence of drugs Avoid playing without breaks over long periods of time as this could affect Your performance and could negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and multi-tasking ability.
The Platform or the Mobile Games offered on the Platform may contain flashing lights, realistic images, patterns and simulations which may cause certain side effects. If Your hands, wrists, arms, eyes or other parts of Your body become tired or sore while playing, or if You feel symptoms such as tingling, numbness, burning or stiffness, stop and rest before playing again. If You continue to have any of these above symptoms, please stop playing IMMEDIATELY and consult a doctor.
If You play any Mobile Games on the Platform, give Yourself plenty of room to play and always be aware of Your surroundings. While playing any Mobile Game You may be moving around the play area and using Your hands to control gameplay. You must ensure that You are not near other people, objects, stairs, balconies, windows, walls, furniture or other objects that may pose a danger to You or could be damaged during the play. Never handle sharp or dangerous objects while playing any Mobile Game on the Platform.
It is Your responsibility to control Your surroundings and movements at all times when playing the game to ensure that You don’t injure Yourself, any other persons, damage any property etc. Any playing of the Mobile Games is at Your own risk and ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. shall not be liable for any death, injury or health complications resulting from Your use of the Platform.
You agree that Your use of the Platform and to play the Mobile Games is at Your own risk, and it is Your responsibility to maintain such health, liability, hazard, personal injury, medical, life, and other insurance policies as You deem reasonably necessary for any injuries that You may incur while using the Platform.
You hereby agree that if the terms of this Agreement are not adhered by You, ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. will be irreparably damaged, and therefore You agree that the Platform shall be entitled, without bond, other security, proof of damages, to appropriate equitable remedies with respect to any breach of this Agreement, in addition to any other remedies available under Applicable Law.
Community rules and code of conduct
ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. may provide Users with different communication channels such as forums, live audio sessions, live audio chat with other players participating in any Contest, community groups, chat-rooms or chat areas (“Communication Facilities”) designed to enable You to communicate with other Users on the Platform.
ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. only provides Users with the technical environment for an exchange of information. ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. does not initiate, select the receiver and/or modify any information exchanges inter se amongst the Users through the Communication Facilities. Further, ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. has no obligation to and does not monitor these Communication Facilities except when required to do so under the provisions of Applicable Law
The User may use the Communication Facilities as made available to them by the Platform. ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. may provide certain additional features or Communication Facilities to a select group of Users at its sole discretion. The Users do not have the right to claim any Communication Facilities on the Platform.
ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. may enable audio sessions and live chat-rooms on the Platform for the Users from time-to-time. These sessions or/and chat rooms will be conducted by other users to
- organize trainings;
- provide tips to play Mobile Games;
- provide educational content; or
- conduct other interactive sessions on the Platform.
The sessions or/and chat rooms may have an open entry or may be restricted to a limited number of Users at ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd.’s sole discretion. Users might be required to pay an ‘Access fee’ to participate in any of these live sessions or/and chat rooms hosted by ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. on the Platform. The ‘Access Fee’ shall be subject to levy of applicable Goods & Services Tax and the Fee collected shall be inclusive thereof.
You understand that, by using these Communication Facilities, You may be exposed to communications (including in written, verbal, electronic, digital, machine-readable or other form) that You might find objectionable. You understand that any content sent or appearing through the Communication Facilities is the sole responsibility of the User(s) transmitting such content and ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. is not liable for any content posted on the Communication Channels.
All Users of the ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. Platform must coScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd.y with Applicable Law at all times while using the Services of Platform, including our Community Guidelines (refer to Annexure III for more details) and Communication Facilities and must not publish or distribute any content which:
- violates an Applicable Law, goes against common decency, or breaches the general terms and conditions of the Agreement; or
- violates any trademarks, patents, utility or design patterns, copyrights, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights of third parties; or
- impersonate any real person, including without limitation ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. or any other ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. agent or eScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd.oyee; or
- is obscene, racist, violent, pornographic, of adult content, or otherwise threatening to the development of children and adolescents, or of a detrimental nature; or
- is of an abusive, harassing, threatening or defamatory nature; or
- seeks to unlawfully obtain login information or access to Accounts belonging to other Users;
- contains personal data of third parties without their explicit consent; or
- seek to collect, misuse, or disseminate any other User’s content or non-public personal information; or
- is commercial, in particular promotional, in nature;
- encourages or promotes gambling or money-laundering.
All Users of the platform of ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. shall read and fully understand our Community Guidelines before posting any content on our platform. By accepting the Terms and Use, the Users agree and acknowledge that they have read and fully understood the terms of the Community Guidelines. ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. has a right to take appropriate and strict actions against any User violating such Community Guidelines.
Under no circumstances will ScoopWhoop Media Pvt. Ltd. or its third-party providers shall be liable for any errors, objections or omissions in any content or for any loss or damages of any kind incurred as a result of the content posted on its Platform.